Transportation Center Summer Intern
Complete all assigned projects and programs under the supervision of a KTC team lead. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the transportation center. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
Apply discipline specific principles through involvement in meaningful projects to expand technical and business skills. Disciplines include; Transportation Planning Operations, Sourcing & Procurement of freight, handling freight bid negotiations and carrier selection.
- Reinforce the educational concepts you are learning through relevant work experience. Capture your thoughts and insights during the course of your internship in preparation for your internship end presentation.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to meet regulatory and company requirements regarding costs and profitability of Kroger managed shipping lanes.
- Assist in maintaining the Transportation Management System.
- Prepare reports to explain the financial performance related to managed freight
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Current student actively pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend complex verbal and written instructions.
Desired Previous Job Experience
General knowledge of distribution/logistics operations
- Experience with customer service problem resolution.
- General knowledge of accounting principles
- Project Management experience